Supplies of Goods to EU – VAT, Customs Excise /Duties and Clearing
The United Kingdom (UK) left the European Union’s (EU) single market on 1 January 2021. The Trade and Cooperation Agreement (TCA) was agreed on 24 December but many detailed aspects of Brexit remain unclear. However, from that date, the UK becomes as far as the EU is concerned a ‘third country’. This means we as a company selling to our EU customers have to make certain changes to become compliant with the new regulations. This section of our website will be updated as frequently as possible to provide as clear information as possible to our EU customers so that you can understand the changes to the new way of providing goods and services here from the UK to EU.
'Delivered at Place' (DAP) Service - OPERATIONAL
We have now opened our store to enable shipping to EU again. At present we are offering a delivery service which is stated as 'Delivered at Place' (DAP) - where only the net price and delivery costs would be shown, and the customer would be liable to pay the VAT, customs duty and clearing. This would typically be collected by the courier and goods would be withheld until payment is received.
Here is a list of key points to not with this service:
- Net Prices - Our prices for delivery to EU will now automatically remove all UK VAT (Taxes) - and the prices shown presented at checkout will be NET prices
- Shipping - we have kept our attractive shipping costs with FREE SHIPPING offers on minimum spends - this will be presented to you during checkout
- Local Taxes, Duties and Clearing- You will now be required to pay VAT, DUTIES/Excise and clearing costs directly to the courier. This cost will be confirmed by the courier when the goods arrive the destination country and our courier partner will contact you.
- Returns - When returning unwanted items (excluding faulty items or incorrect items) - you will have to return them at your cost. We will only refund back the costs of the item that you returned inline with our returns policies which will be the original NET amount of the respective item(s). This means we cannot refund Local Taxes, Duties and clearing costs that were already paid to the courier. These costs are paid to the local government's customs and excise office by the courier and is non-refundable.
- Cancellation - Once we have dispatched the order on this DAP service the order cannot be cancelled. If for ANY reason you do not accept to receive the goods or do not pay the local duty/taxes/vat/custom clearing charge etc then the goods will be returned back to us and all cost incurred to us from the courier will be deducted from the refund. This unfortunately we have not control over as our courier partners would have paid this directly to the authorities on your behalf and there is no way we can claim this back.
Delivered Duty Paid (DDP) - CURRENTLY IN DISCUSSIONS WITH SERVICE PROVIDERS
This service once operational will allow us to give you a fixed and final price at checkout which will include all costs including Customs duty, import VAT and clearing costs. This service is termed as ‘Delivered Duty Paid (DDP). With DDP our courier will handle all the Customs Duties and VAT payments directly to the respective EU member states and you will receive your parcel at your chosen address. We will aim to provide our best possible final costs for the DDP service as soon as we possibly can. In the meantime you can contact us for a quote for this service via this contact form.